The Danish photographer has been overlooked in the history of photography. He went through a rediscovery in 2005 and again in 2007 when his work was exhibited in the Rocket Gallery, however I still find him extremely difficult to get hold of. His modernist style and perception made over looked mundane subject matter look like abstract paintings. He also made a significant contribution to colour photography in the 1940s. Some of his colour photos can be found here. Unfortunately I don't have a spare £2,250 for his book either. Woe is me.KELD HELMER-PETERSEN
_____________________________________________
The Danish photographer has been overlooked in the history of photography. He went through a rediscovery in 2005 and again in 2007 when his work was exhibited in the Rocket Gallery, however I still find him extremely difficult to get hold of. His modernist style and perception made over looked mundane subject matter look like abstract paintings. He also made a significant contribution to colour photography in the 1940s. Some of his colour photos can be found here. Unfortunately I don't have a spare £2,250 for his book either. Woe is me.
The Danish photographer has been overlooked in the history of photography. He went through a rediscovery in 2005 and again in 2007 when his work was exhibited in the Rocket Gallery, however I still find him extremely difficult to get hold of. His modernist style and perception made over looked mundane subject matter look like abstract paintings. He also made a significant contribution to colour photography in the 1940s. Some of his colour photos can be found here. Unfortunately I don't have a spare £2,250 for his book either. Woe is me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment